As I mentioned yesterday, I'm spending this week on stay-cation. Hubby is on leave, and the kids are with their grandparents. I love my children dearly, but sometimes it's nice to have a little break from being a mom 24/7.
Of course there are things about my children that I don't miss: the fighting in the backseat of the car, the refusals to get dressed in the morning, the whining about summer boredom. But there are definitely things about those little munchkins that I do miss. Here are my...
10) Their smiles
9) Watching as they come down the stairs in the morning and search the house for the puppy because all they want to do is play with him
7) Checking in on them as they sleep (And yes, even though they're ages 7 and nearly 4, I still watch for the rise and fall of their chests to make sure they're still breathing.)
6) Big C's intricate Lego configurations (and his explanations of the engineering behind them)
5) Little C's continuous stream of artwork (and her explanations of the meaning behind them)
4) Watching SpongeBob SquarePants with them in the morning before we go to the gym (Is it strange that I LOVE SpongeBob?)
3) Listening to them play in Big C's room (or "Lego Land") when they're actually getting along
2) Hugs and kisses!
1) The sweet I love you's whispered in my ear when I least expect them
Have you ever been apart from your children? What do you miss most about them?