10) Liking each other
9) My mommy and daddy
8) Red hearts
7) Spending time with each other
6) It's about being happy and friends.
5) Lots and lots of people give me candy!
4) Giving and being thankful for each other
3) Candy and love
2) You share and play with people, and even if you don't know them, they're still your friend.
1) I don't know. (This is #1 not because it's the most profound, but because it was the most common answer. It appears that, regardless of how many ways I tried to reword the question, 6-year-olds generally have no idea why they are giving cards and candy to their friends.)
What does Valentine's Day mean to you? Was it meaningful for you yesterday or are you a cynic?