I have been a domestic engineer for 6 years. I'd like to think I'm good at what I do, but some days I'm not so sure. Here are my...
Top 10 Reasons Why I Won't Be Nominated For Domestic Engineer of the Year
10) Some days "making the beds" means using the comforter to hide the disheveled sheets.
9) I don't know how to sew. I'd rather buy a new pair of pants than mend a hole in the knee.
8) I don't serve my children the recommended daily servings of vegetables. If I did, I'd just be wasting food.
7) My iron gets used only for my husband's uniforms. Since he left for deployment, the iron hasn't seen the light of day.
6) Sometimes I'm thankful for the rain that cancels my son's baseball practice. He loves practice and I enjoy watching him play, but it's exhausting spending an hour and a half chasing after his sister as she tries to run onto the field to play with the big boys.
5) What do you mean plants need water?
4) I have never baked a cake. I can cook a gourmet dinner, but I can't bake a cake.
3) When the kids are with a baby-sitter, I don't think about them. I'd like to say it's because I fully trust my sitter, but it's mainly because I'm selfishly enjoying my limited time as just myself, not someone's mommy.
2) I hate cleaning. With every fiber of my being.
1) I have no problem telling little white lies to my children. I see no harm in claiming the toy aisles are closed if it keeps them from throwing tantrums the second we enter Wal-Mart.
What tops your list?