The First Award is the “Best Blog Award.”
As a lucky recipient of this award, I am obligated to pay it forward to recently discovered blogs. Since I'm new to the blogging world, this wasn't an easy task. All I'm doing these days is discovering new blogs. But here are 7 bloggers that topped my list, in no particular order.
1. Julie the Army Wife
2. I Heart Change
3. New Girl on Post
4. Household 6 Diva
5. Exploits of a Military Mama
6. Sometimes Life is Messy
- Thank the person who gave you the award.
- Paste the award on your blog.
- Link the person who nominated you for the award.
- Tell seven interesting things about yourself.
- Nominate seven bloggers or fewer.
This is about as interesting as I get:
2. My memory is atrocious. My 5-year-old son has a better memory than I do (and he proves it whenever he whoops my behind in the game Memory). I think that’s why I love to write and take pictures. Journals and photographs remember the things that I don’t.
3. As soon as I pop open a can of soda or beer, I turn the tab to the left. It started as a method of identifying my drink at a party. Now it’s a subconscious habit.
4. My mother is Dutch. She tried to teach me to speak Dutch when I was little, but I lost interest and she didn’t want to push it on me. I wish she HAD pushed it on me. And I hope my children learn more Dutch than I did.
5. When life gets crazy and I need to disappear to my Happy Place, I think of sitting on a beach in Phuket, Thailand with a fruity cocktail, a juicy novel, my husband without his work phone attached to his hip, and a free baby-sitter.
6. I have always wanted to go sky-diving, but someone would probably have to push me out of the airplane because I wouldn’t have the guts to jump.
7. Never in a million years did I think I would end up as a military spouse. I’m inflexible, unadaptable, a diehard planner, and before we PCS’ed to Japan, I had never traveled outside the States. And I like to eat dinner at 5:30. But it’s been 8 years now, and I think I’m hanging in there.